Monday, December 7, 2009

the builder and the building

Hey ladies...

For those of you at group the other day (and for those of you who weren't) after all that house talk we discussed I hardly found this a coincidence while I was reading today. Would encourage you to read through Hebrews 3 to focus on the "centerpiece for all we believe"


"A builder is more valuable than a building any day. Every house has a builder, but the Builder behind them all is God. Moses did a good job in God's house, but it was all servant work... (MSG)...And we are His house, if we hold on to our courage and the hope of which we boast ."(NIV)

Wondering today what it would be like to give Him a plot of land (myself) to build a house on. The kind of house that is warm, and strong, safe, and truth. Surely the builder is more valuable than the building-the builder has the knowledge needed to build, the tools needed to create something wonderful, the plans and vision for what the structure could be. Wondering what it would be like to hold on to my courage but boast in who He is instead of who I am-or who I think I am. Wondering what it would be like to follow Moses's example of being a servant in His house, because ultimately all that I have is His, so the house He builds in me is not mine to use at my discrepancy. Wondering what it would do in my relationships, especially my marriage to think of myself as a servant in the house He has built in me. Really impacted by thinking of what it would be like to boast in Him and lay down all I think I am. Praying for you today.

No comments:

Post a Comment