"From the vantage point of the wedding altar, you would never have dreamed that the person you married might later become to you a kind of "enemy", one you would need to love as an act of almost total sacrifice."
Yikes. I read this and thought, "God, I'm glad I'm not in that place!".... but have I ever felt those feelings in a moment? Or for a period of time? I guess I wouldn't/don't like to look at it that bluntly, but yes. Just reminding me how everyone, ME, is just one step away from being in a place in marriage where you look up and say, "Whoa, how did we get here?"... Love is a choice. I feel like God has been hammering that into me... in all areas of my life--- my work, friends, and with Trevor... I can CHOOSE to love, or not. That quote up there just seems so pathetic and depressing... but dang, when I do life without God, those thoughts have been in my head. Wow.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment