Friday, November 13, 2009

Love Dare Day 1- FAIL!

So, I was doing pretty good with the whole patience thing yesterday. Matt was at work, I was at home trying to tend to the children and "help" Matt by picking up the house and picking up some things he asked me to at the store. I had dinner ready and waiting so when he came home after work he could relax and take it easy for the rest of the day. So after dinner, Matt, would had a hard day at work, goes into his office and gets on his computer. "That's fine." I say to my self, "he's worked hard all day, he needs to unwind." So I give him his space, but then, it happens...I wanted to work out. Have you ever tried to work out with 2 kids and a very fussy teething one year old? Not an easy task. So, I say to my beloved, "Matt, I would like to work out for a little bit, can you keep an eye on Malachi (the one year old with teeth sprouting everywhere)?" He sighs and says, "It's kind of late to be working out don't you think?" It was only 6:30!!!! I said (very patiently too I might add) "It will only take 45 minutes and I haven't had a chance to work out in a few days." He sighs and agrees. By this time I was annoyed. I only asked him to take care of his kid for a little bit. What's the big deal. I do it ALL of the time!!! So, I start to work out, he keeps playing on his computer. Malachi starts to crawl all over me, after 10 minutes, I pick up the baby and in my most patient martyr voice ask him to PLEASE deal with Malachi so I can have my work out time! He takes Malachi into his office and has the baby watch him play the game. ARE YOU KIDDING ME? Soon Malachi is screaming bloody murder and so I go and snatch him up and stop my work out tape and start getting him ready for bed. all the while huffing and puffing (I'm REALLY good at this martyr thing). So then Matt comes into our room and acts like nothing is wrong which further upsets me. I just put on one of my best performances!!! So I start the whole attitude thing about how I just wanted a few minutes for myself, how I've worked hard all day and why can't he help me. Me, me, me, I, I, I, ....pretty soon that's all I hear. Never mind he's been up since 5:00 and worked a 10 hour day. Never mind that he did the dinner dishes. All I could see was what I wanted and how he failed me. And my response was terrible. So in the middle of our spat, the Lord showed me how child-like I was behaving. I am to forfeit my "right" to have it "my way." And that was no way to speak to my husband. I am to show respect to him and to be patient with him. Shame on me. So, I stopped to fight right there and apologized for being so selfish and disrespectful to him. And that was kind of the end of our day. So, today, I'm going to try again. This stuff if going to be harder than I thought!

1 comment:

  1. good stuff mandy. way to be soft to His voice in that moment and stop and turn it around. this is gonna be wayyyyy harder than i thought! thanks for lettin us hear your mess!

    ReplyDelete