
hi ladies,
just wanted to share this (unedited, Derek would probably be annoyed that I put his 'unfinished work' up to share) pic Derek took today...the path less traveled. Just thought it was a cool representation of the journey we are all on right now. it's going against everything 'natural' to learn to love another imperfect, broken person. today for my dare and 'unexpected gesture' I borrowed a really nice camera from a friend (my dear friend Ricki, thanks girl) and cleared our agenda for the day. i surprised Derek with coffee and breakfast and a day to be who God made him to be.
A while ago Derek expressed his interest in photography and wanted to buy a really nice camera. I know how fast Derek sifts through 'hobbies' so I said -no- we can't afford this new hobby of yours and thought nothing about it... Today watching Derek be in nature and taking pictures and getting to be creative and free brought streaming tears to my eyes. So often I loose sight of the man God created Derek to be. I am often too worried about who I want him to be-who I think he should be-who we can afford for him to be-who i have time for him to be.... God made Derek as a creative, gentle soul and I trample that most of the time. Today I am so thankful for the gift He has given me in Derek. I am actually excited for the dares to come. I want to see and learn more about him and this person He has made for me to do life with.
Your post made me cry! How true that is so often for me. I am always trying to get him to be who I want him to be instead of letting him be who God wants him to be...
ReplyDeleteThank you Shea
love this picture shea...
ReplyDeleteShea - what you said today about loving our husbands for who God designed them to be not for who we think they should be really struck a cord w/ me. Thank you for sharing that, it made me sad, but also gave me hope for what I want my love for Doug to look like--loving him for who God has created him to be. THANKS!! -Sue
ReplyDelete