Thursday, November 12, 2009
Meet the Helgemoe's
Hi everyone, my name is Angie Helgemoe and my husband and I have just celebrated our 5th Anniversary. We met while we were in college, married and moved to Kansas City. When we moved to Kansas City, we didn't know anyone and I think that was the first major strain on our marriage. I started feeling very isolated as my family is all in Arizona and I think I started to resent him for moving me here, away from my family. I felt very alone and even though he is an awesome husband, he didn't fill my need for friends and family. Shortly after we moved here, we found out that we would most likely not be able to have a family of our own without the help of infertility treatments. This was the second test of our marriage. So in the loneliness and sadness, I started to move away from him physically. I think we still had a pretty good emotional connection, but it began to be more of a best friend/roommate situation. My husband did everything he could to try to change things, and I let him. However, I didn't make any efforts. I think I became complacent and thought this is how marriages were, although I severely desired a more passionate and intimate relationship with him. This is where God came in. We found Shoal Creek and more recently a group within Shoal Creek that has led me to here. I don't think I realized how much I needed to learn to REALLY love my husband and show him that love until now. So I am so excited and scared to take this journey, because I know it will make me see my shortcomings, and no one likes to do that!! I am so grateful and blessed to have the opportunity to go through this challenge with a group of girls who have the same needs and desires as me. I am starting to see God's grace and will and am so moved. So I can't wait to meet you all and blog with you all and I just know it will be more successful with all of your support! Thanks again!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment